Join the audit panel
Apply to become an approved auditor on the Audit Services Panel
Audit Services Panel
Audits under the Energy Savings Scheme must be performed by a member of the Audit Services Panel. The Panel is established by IPART.
If you wish to join the Audit Services Panel, you must apply to IPART.
Applications to join the Audit Services Panel will be assessed on:
- your capacity to resource and undertake reasonable assurance audits
- quality assurance and review processes
- the experience of the nominated lead auditors in undertaking audits, particularly compliance and record keeping audits
- knowledge and experience using the Australian Auditing Standards or ISAE3000 (all Energy Savings Scheme audits must be performed using these standards).
Apply to be a member of the Audit Services Panel
Invitation to Apply for Appointment to the Audit Services Panel350.5KB Word DocumentThis form is for completion by persons or organisations wishing to be appointed as an approved auditor on the Audit Services Panel.
Audit Services Panel agreement
If your application is approved, you will be asked to sign the Audit Service Panel Agreement. Under the agreement, the Panel Member must agree to:
- use suitably qualified personnel and devote sufficient resources to ensure that the services are completed as required
- comply with any guidelines or policies notified to the panel member by IPART
- ensure that all of its nominated lead auditors have attended any training or information workshops required by IPART
- hold public liability insurance for a specified amount for any one or more claims arising out of the same set of circumstances and a policy of professional indemnity insurance with a reputable insurer
- ensure that a lead auditor directs, supervises and leads the approved audit team in undertaking of the audit services and signs all written reports or opinions provided by the panel member
- ensure that each lead auditor and each member of the approved audit team has agreed to be bound by the confidentiality obligations
- not enter into any agreement, arrangement or understanding or participate in any activity which amounts to a conflict of interest without IPART’s prior written consent.
Audit Services Panel Agreement263.15KB PDF FileTo be signed by successful applicants to the Audit Services Panel. This is the contract between IPART and the ESS Audit Panel member.