What projects and equipment are eligible
This page outlines activities energy savings activities, projects and equipment that are eligible under the Energy Savings Scheme
Activities that may be eligible in the Energy Savings Scheme must:
- increase the efficiency of electricity consumption, or
- reduce electricity consumption.
Activities are only eligible if they do not reduce production or service levels.
Eligible activities include:
- modifying end-user equipment or the way it is used (including installing additional components)
- replacing end-user equipment with other end-user equipment that consumes less electricity
- installing new end-user equipment that consumes less electricity than other comparable end-user equipment, or
- removing end-user equipment so that electricity consumption is reduced, as long as there is no negative effect on production or service levels.
End-User equipment includes:
- any equipment, processes or systems that use electricity
- equipment that causes, controls or influences electricity consumption
- a new National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) Building.
What projects and equipment are eligible?