What projects and equipment are eligible
Back to How to be involved
This page outlines activities, projects and equipment that are eligible under the Energy Savings Scheme
Activities may be eligible under the Energy Savings Scheme if they increase energy efficiency without reducing production or service levels.
Eligible activities include:
- modifying end-user equipment or the way it is used (including installing additional components)
- replacing end-user equipment with other end-user equipment that consumes less energy
- installing new end-user equipment that consumes less energy than other comparable end-user equipment, or
- removing end-user equipment so that energy consumption is reduced, as long as there is no negative effect on production or service levels.
Find out more by exploring the ESS Rule
End-User equipment includes:
- equipment, processes or systems that consume gas or electricity
- equipment that causes, controls or influences electricity consumption
- a new National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) Building.
Explore projects and equipment used in the ESS
Learn more about the methods for calculating energy savings
What projects and equipment are eligible?