Costs and obligations
This page outlines the costs and obligations involved in the Scheme that apply to Accredited Certificate Providers
It is important to ensure your company has adequate ﬁnancial resources, a sound business model and proper procedures in place before applying to become an Accredited Certiﬁcate Provider. There are signiﬁcant informational requirements and administrative costs to consider before your company begins the application process.
The following costs and obligations apply to Accredited Certiﬁcate Providers:
- A $2,500 application fee applies to an application for accreditation.
- An application fee for the registration of energy savings certificates currently set at $0.84 per certiﬁcate.
- Costs of compliance audits for certiﬁcate creation:
- The costs vary depending on the nature of the energy saving activity, certiﬁcate volume, and compliance history.
- Appointment of the auditor is subject to approval by the Scheme Administrator.
- Costs associated with establishing proper procedures, record‐keeping and training for staff or sub-contractors:
- These costs vary considerably depending on the size of your company and nature of your energy savings activity. It is important to factor in staﬀ time, capacity, information systems available and record keeping requirements.
- It is a requirement to maintain records for a minimum of 6 years.
- Costs can vary signiﬁcantly based on whether procedures and systems are developed in‐house or externally.
All Accredited Certiﬁcate Providers are responsible for complying with the legislation and their conditions of their accreditation. Various penalties apply for contraventions of the requirements.