This page provides information about the Installation of High Efficiency Appliances for Business method (Business Appliances).
About this method
The Installation of High Efficiency Appliances for Business method (Business Appliances) is used to calculate electricity savings from the installation of high efficiency:
- refrigerated display cabinets
- liquid chilling packages
- close control air conditioners
- air conditioners
- brushless DC motors to power fans in refrigerated display cabinets
- brushless DC motors to power ventilation fans
- motors powering various other equipment
- oxygen trim systems on a gas fired steam boiler, hot water boiler or water heater
- burners or economisers on a gas fired steam boiler, hot water boiler or water heater
- sensor based blowdown controls on a gas fired steam boiler
- blowdown flash steam heat recovery systems on a gas fired steam boiler, and
- blowdown heat exchangers on gas fired steam boiler
The equipment used in this method must meet and be registered or accredited with the relevant performance standards, such as:
- being a Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (GEMS) registered product
- meeting Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS), and
- meeting other performance requirements as required.
Using the Business Appliances method
Method Guide: Business Appliances759.71KB PDF FileV3.3 September 2017
The Method Guide provides information required to conduct activities using this method of the ESS Rule. This version was published to clarify the minimum records required in section 6.
The previous version of the Method Guide is available on the document archive page.
Template Nomination Form
The Energy Savings Scheme Rule of 2009 allows an original energy saver to nominate an Accredited Certificate Provider as the energy saver in relation to the implementation of a recognised energy saving activity at a particular site. Such a nomination must be in the form and manner approved by the Scheme Administrator. Templates for nomination forms can be found on the Templates page.
Site Assessment Report
Accredited Certificate Providers undertaking gas saving activities must arrange for a Site Assessment Report to be completed for each implementation. Accredited Certificate Providers may use the template below or create their own report.
Accredited Certificate Providers need to arrange for an Installer Declaration to be completed for implementations of some activities. Accredited Certificate Providers may use the template below or create their own declaration.